CALL 4 NODES, CALL FOR PARTICIPATION v.1.0
..:: knowledge | technology | empowerment ::..
..:: sharing | building | resistance ::..
foo-bar October 2010, Zaragoza
* What: Annual Hacktivist Meeting
* Where and When: From 9th to 12th October, at the
Squatted Social Center "Patio Maravillas", C/ Acuerdo 8, Madrid.
* Deadline for Node Proposals: 4th Octubre till 12.00 GMT+2
This message is an invitation to take an active role in the construction
of Hackmeeting 2009, to keep farming our network of activities and
meetings around hacktivism, cyberspace, telematics and their
technopolitical dimensions. This is a network which will get devirtualized
along an intense weekend of freedom, at the Squatted Automanaged Social
Center "Patio Maravillas" (Madrid, Spain) from 9th to 12th October.
As you may already know, the HM is a participatory, free (as in free beer)
meeting in which the gap between organizers and attendants gets dilluted
into the desire of an autogestionary collective meeting. We understand the
HM as a network of autoorganized activities (workshops, talks, expositions,
posters) that we call "nodes". You are invited to join it by proposing a
workshop/talk/activity/difussion node. Anybody is free to coordinate,
present, support and/or spread a node in the hackmeeting.
JOIN THE NETWORK.
We would like this Hackmeeting to be a hacktivist techniques lab, which
can be publicly put into practice. That's why, besides meeting in front
of the screens and exchanging knowledge in talks and workshops, we will
go rampaging the streets, one more year. There will be a "pirate streets
sailing" action in order to defend our rights and keep fighting for a free,
We are as well in seek of that some of the talks have a practical orientation
to be applied to activist movements.
These are some of the topics that have been dealed with in past editions of
the hackmeeting, or topics we would like to share about into this one. But
the sky is the limit. We seek new points of view and discoverings you would like
to show, discussion panels you would like to coordinate and techniques you would
like to share.
===> NerdCore <===
* Cryptography, Steganography
* Phreaking, Hacking, White-cracking
* Virus, AI, Artificial Life, Cybernetics
* Smart Cards, Digital Signature, e-Id, e-passport
* Digital security
* Techno-liberation (RFID, DRM...)
* Homemade marksmanship: advanced latex, cyberpunk jewelry, new materials...
===> Hardware and Robotics <===
* Hardware Recycling
* Hacks, Tips & Tricks
* Workshops about antennae, DIY radios, bike-hacking...
* Gearing engine assembly
* Advanced Arduino ++
* Linux powered graffiter robots
===> Getting into... <===
* Introduction to GNU/Linux, Debian
* Cyberpunk History
* Universal Access
* Hacker philosophy + ethics
* 3D render and animation using FLOSS
* Collective music making
* Drum'n'Bass, VJ & demoscene
* Alternative Energies: solar power, eolic, oil engines, hydrogen...
* To infinity, and beyond
===> HumanWare <===
* Reality hacking, DIY, autogestionary projects
* Copyleft, FLOK.
* Copyfight: how to defend yourself from copyright, DRM, etc.
* Hacktivistas.net, past, present and future
* Governments and the Net: UE "Telecom" package, HADOPI law
* Corporations in the net: copyright, patents, spyonage, pressure lobbies,
de-facto monopolies, contangos, monopsonies ...
* Hacktivism and Electronic Civil Desobedience
* Educacion and ICTs
* The path to Distributed Social Networks. Social networks
* Viral & Guerrilla Marketing
* Distributed databases. Integration with current tools
* Fabbing & 3D printers
* P2P networks: clients, protocols
* "The Pirate Bay" sue case
* The "Pirate Party" EU parliamentary ascension
* Law Hacking
* Geo-wikis, public space and electronic fluxes
* The HackNET, is it still alive? How to bootstrap it?
===> Communication <===
* Artivism, Free Mediactivism. Communication Guerrilla
* Autogestionary Wireless Networks
* Guifi.net project
* InterHacklabs Telephony Network. Asterisk, Piratel
* Streaming Kit: go on the air from a demonstration
* Alternative Communication Media & Independent media
* Hertz Guerrilla: FM/TV DIY emmitters
* Packet Radio
* Video workshops with free software
Along your presence, you are also encouraged to submit any
digital material to go online.
how to propose a node
All the nodes at:
are submitted to our mailing list ('hackmeeting at sindominio dot net'
-- mostly spanish)
You can also submit your proposal to 'charlas at sindominio dot net'
and we will try to find yourself a free slot.
We suggest the following format:
A) Information to attendants
3. Discussion panel
6. Coordination meeting
6. Recommended previous knowledge, if any
7. Structure / Content
9. Time requires
10. Suggested readings
B ) Coordination info
1. Required material (PC, projector, chairs,...)
2. Timetable preferences
3. Probability of _really_ coming (del 1 al 10)
4. Attached documents/URLs
Feel free to write to the mailing list in case you
have any further questions or comments to be made.