CALL 4 NODES CALL TO PARTICIPATE v.0.9
INVISIBLE HACKMEETING v.0.8
..:: knowledge | technology | power | sharing | building | resisting ::..
17-19 October 2008, Malaga, Spain
* What: Annual Hacktivist Meeting
* When and Where: October 17th, 18th and 19th of October in the CSOA
(Squatted and Auto-organised Social Center) "La Casa Invisible", in
Málaga, South of Spain, North of Mediaq, Planet Earth.
* Deadline for proposals: 10th of October
This message is an invitation to take part into the 2008 HackMeeting,
proposing nodes as workshops, activities, demos, talks, etc., in order
to build, as in past years, a network of activities and meetings
around hacktivism, cyberspace, information sciences and its
techno-political dimensions. You are welcome to join a liberated
weekend in which the multitude-made cyborg of the HM shows itself off.
As you most probably already know, the HackMeeting (HM hereafter) is a
participatory meeting in which the organizer/attendee dichotomy
vanishes in the need of auto-organizing the meeting collectively. We
assume the HM to be a network of self-organised activities (workshops,
talks, panels, exhibitions, posters, etc.) that are known as "nodes".
Everybody is encouraged to coordinate, present or spread a node in the
HM. JOIN THE NETWORK!
There are many menaces to the people's rights in the connected
society: the EU law that aims at limiting the P2P communications by
2010, the electronic ID, RFID, the LSSI/PLCD/LSI/LOPD/Sox laws, the
subcutaneus chip and mass-control biometrics, the canon that
annihilates the presumption of innocence for culture sharers, traffic
cameras and CCTVs which monitor people's movements in the cities,
electronic scans that search for keywords in private conversations,
governmental and corporate personal data smuggling, "offender" lists,
and an endless list of attacks against the fundamental freedoms that
we can enjoy today thanks to the many before us who paid with their blood;
those freedoms which the hacktivist will always respect and defend.
The Big Brother hour is gone, it's time now to freely share, to
create, to feel, to find feeling and create feeling, to realize one's
life, to acknowledge the innate collective dream of helping and being
helped, to learn, to speak out, to smile, to type, to code, to touch,
to hack, to explain, and a large number of motivations that a HM
carries within itself.
The time has come to act and to be coherent. It's time now for living a
hacktivist's pure experience.
These are some of the topics that have been discussed in previous HMs,
or topics that we would like to work through the upcoming HM. But they
aren't the only ones. We are looking for the new points of view that you
would like to present, the discussions that you may organize,
and the ideas and techniques that you are willing to share.
* Reality hacking
* Defence against copyright
* Self-organised wireless networks
* Self-organised (counter)information and information sciences
* Autonomous servers, alternative ISPs, alternative data centers
* Free software: GNU/Linux, Debian, etc.
* Criptografy, steganography
* Video and audio edition with free tools and formats, media-activism
* Hacktivism, broadly speaking
* Governments actions over the Internet: LSSI, cybercrime laws, enfopol,
censorship, new laws for intellectual property
* Corporations steps into the network: copyright, patents, espionage,
* Education and new technologies
* Universal access to the Network, to knowledge and technique
* Civil, electronic social disobedience
* Artivism, communication guerrilla
* Is machine squatting the same as real squatting? Legal help
* Internet genealogy and relationship with social movements
* Hacker philosophy
* Privacy, anonymous and pseudonimous actions in the social network
* Computer recycling
* GNU/Linux for begginers, TCP/IP for begginers, passwords, ...
* Phreaking and hacking techniques
* Reverse engineering
* Virii, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life, Cybernetics,
* Intelligent cards, digital signature, electronic ID
* Hacks (get energy from the phone, build a computer table with
recycled materials, etc)
* Panels about any of these topics
* Tecnoliberation (RFID, DRM...)
* P2P networks (TOR...)
* Law hacking
* Geoworld and cyberworld hybridisation in architecture and urbanism
* Wiki cartography
* Beyond the public participation: the creative production of the
The modes are open, these are some suggestions:
* Posters (that explain or synthesize the activities of a group,
the ideas of someone, a way of doing something or the results of
a research project)
* Talks (about 45 mins plus 15 mins for questions)
* Workshops (2-3 hours, a more participative and productive event,
compared to talks)
* Coordination meetings
* Exhibitions (GPL material, old computers, clever artefacts, art,... )
* Performances (theatre plays, mobile exhibitions,...)
Besides the physical modes, the HM also admits virtual participation,
text, video and audio will be welcome, and they will be uploaded to
the web along with any other digital artifact that you would like to share.
how to propose a node
All the proposals [[2008/nodos | nodos]] are discussed in the HM
mailing list (hackmeeting @ sindominio.net),
so we suggest that you join in the mailing list at
to start participation in the node of you propose and to follow the
processing of it.
In any case, to propose a node send a mail with the subject
"[node] node_name" to these two adresses:
* hackmeeting @ sindominio.net
* charlas @ sindominio.net (This one is for timetable coordination).
In the body of the mail we propose that you fill in the following form
(you can modify it to suit your needs):
* Information for the public/participants
## Coordination meeting
# Name/Nickname of the author/facilitator
# Recommended prior knowledge for the participants
# Methodology: exposition, discussion, hacking, etc.
# Recommended reading
* Information for coordination:
# Required material (including type and size of room)
# Timetable slot preference
# Likelihood of attending the HM and hence giving the node (1-10)
# Documentation of files of the node (they will be uploaded to the
other modes of participation
Other types of participation apart from the nodes (like providing
material, participation in the assemblies, coordinate activities,
streaming, translations , etc.) are welcome and needed. For any further
information and coordination, the HM assembly meets virtually and
permanently in the mailing list hackmeeting @ sindominio.net. You can
The first HM took place in Firenza 1998 and since, the event has
repeated annually in Italy (http://hackmeeting.org). In 2000 the first
spanish-speaking HM took place [http://sindominio.net/~hm/hmbcn00
Barcelona], and the event has repeated every year since as well.
Other cities such as Chicago (USA) and Santiago de Chile have joined in too.
For more information you can write to the mailing list
hackmeeting @ sindominio.net or visit the web: